What kind of questions should I ask when choosing an installer?
Price is only one factor to consider when selecting a renewable energy installer. Here are some other considerations:
- Is the company certified?
- Is the company experienced?
- Will the company provide a copy of their current business license?
- Does the company have any judgments or liens?
- Will the company provide references?
- Does the company have a record with the Better Business Bureau?
- How many systems has the company installed in the last year?
- How long will the installation process take?
- How long will the company monitor the installations after they are completed?
- What is the warranty period? What does it cover?
- What repair services are offered? What are the rates?
- What type of operation or maintenance training is available?